About Me

My photo
Welcome To My Fucked Up Mind

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Old Fashioned

So if you didn't know I live with my grandmother now, since granddad passed away. Whether I want too or not she and I have been having a lot of conversations lately. I have been telling her about how things are now and she has been telling me about how things were in the past. She has a hard time understanding why when I go out with a guy, I drive. I like the control of being able to leave when Im ready and the comfort of not being stranded. But then I thought about it, it would be nice to have a man come pick me up and take me out for a change. I mean thats how they did it back in the day. I guess that would step my game up and get me involved with a better class of men.
Lets do a little comparing.

Men I usually come across...
One night stands
After 2 a.m. bootycalls
Men without a car
Men that only want to fuck me
Men that don't have jobs (real jobs)
Men that live with thier parents


Now the men I should be after...
Men that will take me out on dates
Men that will call me during the day.. just to say hello
Men that I can go to sleep with without fucking
Men that have real jobs
Men that have a vehicle or home or thier own

Im pretty sure there are still men like that out here. I mean I hope that there is.

Although I want to be independant I also want to be
not so much a housewife .. but..
I want to wake my husband with kisses every morning, I want to get up and make breakfast. I want to surprise him with candle lit dinners and bubble baths after he gets off work.

I want to make babies and be a mother and have a real family.
And take vacations and go bike riding and go to museums and waterparks and beaches and just do the whole family thing.

*sigh*
I dunno...
Maybe times have changed. I dont think men want those types of things anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Men definitely still want all of the things you mentioned in the second part. But there aren't enough women doing the "old fashioned" thing and making them realize that's what they want.

    More women are giving men the options that you mentioned first: 2 am booty calls, one night stands, etc.

    If more women started thinking a little more highly of themselves and changing the face of the game, more men would be stepping their game up, because I truly believe man cannot live without woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah there's many men out there as the type you described. Some of it relates to where do you meet guys at? And also generally speaking most guys will take what is easily offered/attainable to them. Few men break their necCs to get ass but it's become so easy to get that its screwing up the natural flow of relationships. I've told my own female friends to make guys wait before doing stuff with them. Cuz any asshole can be a nice guy for a month or 2 if he knows he'll get to hit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana-this is a clear example of what I just blogged about.
    We are setting our men up to fail us.

    Are you guilty of assuming the worst from a guy from the second you meet him? Maybe you're assumptions are correct, and if they are, perhaps you should analyze the ways and places you meet men.

    If there's even a chance that you're assumptions are just a defense mechanism then why not let your guard down just once? Expect him to deliver, and maybe-just maybe-he will.

    ReplyDelete